Friday, May 2, 2008

Triathlon is not a sport, it's a lifestyle!

Anytime someone tells me that I'm crazy for all the training I do, I tell 'em: triathlon is not a sport, it's a lifestyle! I should probably have my head examined for picking this lifestyle, which is a complete 360 from what I used to do! Used to stay out, go dancing, drink more than 1.5 drinks to be drunk, etc. Now, I am lucky if I make it past 9pm!

Yesterday, I overheard a coworker telling someone that her brother-in-law is starting with the anesthesia group that we use, and he is one of THOSE triathletes like Tat and made a face! I thought it was funny. He is doing Lake Placid this year. I can't wait to meet him!

2 comments:

Stewart said...

you will find in this lifetime that many people have a hard time dealing with people who live healthy. they think we don't know how to have fun....well they have never been around us. They hate the fact we take care of ourselves and they don't. They hate the fact that you are in shape and can eat what you want. They hate the fact that so many people think you are the bond digity. Plain, they are just more haters you have met. So, enjoy your new found lifestyle for many more years to to come. Allow this lifestyle to bring awesome people into your life. Allow this lifestyle to show and tell you things about how strong you are both mentally and physically. You go girl!!!!

Freddy Edney said...

Preach it... This is so true. People hate the fact that I am so much in shape, and they're not. I just laugh to myself, and wisper...."I can taste the bad Hatorade."

It was great meeting you this weekend . Hopefully I can do the Nuga race with you all.