Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Here is the dirt!

Swim:
The water could not be calmer! 78.2 degrees, no wetsuit. At the blast of a cannon, each group approx. 130-160 peeps entered the water. I stood to the back and did not rush. As soon as i started swimming I got kicked in the head, then in the chest. It took me quite a long time to recover, but when i did, the swim was great, of course since i do not swim in a straight line, it was probably close to 3/4th of a mile-26 min., do not laugh!
Bike:
Awesome feeling on those Zipps (you rock, Spanx!) and the helmet! Garmin registered 18.6 miles-1 hr 2 min. The course had a few turns and with my great bike handling skills, i had to slow down. Did pass quite a few people though, what a great feeling, I am used to being passed!
Run:
Kicked butt! Garmin registered 4.46 miles-32min 11sec!

I loved this race and would strongly recommend it for next year! We are going back for sure! Steven will do his first tri in Miami next year as I did this year! Cool!!!!

Congrats to Dani for placing 3rd in her age group, and Keith 4th in his! You guys are my inspiration and may be one day I will be able to keep up!

Training goes on... 2000 meters in the pool yesterday and 5 mile run and 20 mile bike today.

2 comments:

Stewart said...

Stop it! You'll be kicking butt soon enough. Remember you are a newby:)

Unknown said...

Very cool videos clips of the race action - way to go Steven! Tat, you definitely looked like you were calm, cool and collected during the race, which is a sign of very good things to come!