Saturday, April 12, 2008

Hello fron sunny Miami!

Got here yesterday morning, some sketchiness at the airport, we had to pay $65 for the bike, and when we got to Miami we found some puncture holes in my bike bag-no damage to the bike, so all is good!

Were not able to check in till 3pm, so after eating lunch we went down to the beach, and found where they started to set up the venue. After checking in, decided to go for a slow, easy 3.5mi run with a walk after. I think between Fri. and Sat. we've walked close to 15 miles. I guess it's good for you! Keith said that if I had a coach, he would have blessed me out for doing this much walking!

This morning, woke up around 6:30 and went for a swim, some other racers were testing out the waters as well. It was choppy! When we got out, I felt like I just got off some rinky-dink boat, my head was spinning! Steven said he would give me a Dramamine before the race, I smell sabotage! A short bike ride was in order, to make sure the bikes were cool. It's funny, but I feel more comfortable on a road with cars, then on a path with a whole bunch of people! It's those great bike handling skills!

Went down to the expo to get checked in. So many serious people, i am intimated! My race swim wave is at 7:20 and Keith's is at 7:45!

Saw Andy Baldwin, the bachelor and of course had to have a picture! Anna Kornyakova is also competing, she will do the run for the relay team. There goes my help from Steven.

I think this race will be a lot of fun, I am going to enjoy it!

2 comments:

Stewart said...

Awesome! Have fun, kick butt and stop sandbagging.:)

Spanx

Danielle said...

You didn't tell me that Anna was there too! Russians representing in South Beach this weekend huh? Wishing you the BEST first triathlon in the entire world!!