Friday, September 12, 2008

Run

Well, today was my 16 mile run- I made it 14. It was hot, humid and my shoes had worn out, so ankles and feet need a good soaker tonight.
Also, I think I have gone mad. This weekend i am traveling to NYC to visit a childhood friend whom I have not seen in 18 years. We will have fun, yes, but when will I train? So, i am flying out on the second flight so I can hit the trainer first thing in the morning and trying to figure out an 8 mile run on Sunday while everyone is still asleep in NY. Am I crazy? obsessed? hate failure? taking this sport too seriously?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Take your Garmin and remember to set your start point location if you don't get a chance to scope out your run course. There is a "take me back home" function built in if you decide to run without a set course.

You can track the flight with the garmin...it will be your fasted "workout" ever!

And, yes you are obsessed with training, but that's only a problem if *you* determine it is, so just make sure you are having fun. :)

PS- Finally Steven gets a chance to sleep in one the weekend (Sunday at least)! LOL

Kevin said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. It's great to find other local blogging triathletes. As long as your "obsession" doesnt get in the way of your day to day life, there is nothing wrong with it.