Monday, September 1, 2008

Louisville

We left late on Saturday due to some issues with us. Got into Louisville around 12AM, hung out with Dani's mom and got about 3 hours of sleep. The condo was very nice, and Dani's mom provided us with some snacks, Dave especially enjoyed the Twinkies!!!! Woke up at 4am and the race spectating was on. I was so glad that we were able to see all of our friends that participated: Dani, Keith, Bob and Sue. Emotions were running high. Not just for competitors. I was tearing up. The swim was a time trial start and the line was a couple of blocks long. The anticipation would of probably made me duke in my pants.....before the race.
Everyone looked strong on the swim. Sue had some issues, but I knew she would of never quit, and she did not. Superwoman!!!!! As soon as she came out of water, the race was on for her. I was glad to see that all of the peeps were pacing themselves on the bike. They all looked so STRONG after the bike, especiallt Sue, whose first question was, "Did I make up some time?, Where is Bob?" Dave's friend in Atlanta was kind enough to track our friends, so we could guage their running times. I have to tell the truth, I was worried about Dani, given her issues in the past. I knew DNF was not going to happen to any of them, but questions ran through my mind-are they ok? are they hydrating?are they cramping? i was so worried. I wanted their Ironman be the most amazing experience for them. And I believe that happened for them, which makes me very happy.
I am proud of all 4 of them, especially Sue who with her charm, found a secret admirer in the middle of a huge river during IM!!!!
Steven, Dave and Hunter! Thank you for putting up with me and my driving during this trip!

No comments: