Monday, September 29, 2008

Beachblast Triathlon

Since the time zone is central in that part of Florida, we got up at 4 AM Fl time and headed to the race site. With it being 2 miles away, we decided to ride our bikes! Big mistake...it was so dark, we could hardly see right in front of our wheel, but we made it. It was freezing. I wore sweats and a jacket and was still cold. After warming up in the water, my teeth would not stop chattering.
The swim: I was going OK until I came around the first boui, there were slight waves which made me seasick. I threw up in the water and kept going. Sorry for anyone who swam into it.
The bike: I felt really good, knowing that swim was over and I had a lot of time to make up since I am always close to being last out of the water. Averaged 19 mph and passed a lot of peeps.
The run: Was not my best....When I got on the run course, I realized that I was completely dry, and had not sweat at all on the bike, not good news. Made it through the run with out cramping. Time 1hr 30 min. 3rd AG.

I am proud of all of my peeps who also placed in their AG, you guys rock. Special congrats to all the Lunachix on the strong half!

The best part came after the race-chilling and getting an awesome tan!

No comments: