Monday, September 22, 2008

It only hurt a little!

I will have a separate entry on the B-Day bash later, when I upload the pics! Woke up around 7 am on Sunday morning after sleeping only 6 hrs due to a 90Th bash the night before and got ready for my first 17 mile run ever. I was kind of nervous, since my run the day before did not go over so well, but I figures I would give it a try anyway. Filled up my fuel belt, got some $ (just in case my mood struck me to go shopping) and went for it!!!!! Mile 2- I heard a honk from Keith which made me put a spring in my step. Mile 4.5 got chased by a dog, it kept barking and wagging its tail. Can't lie, it scared me, but I did not make eye contact and just kept going. Mile 9.2, Steven hunted me down in a car, just to see if I needed anything, I was totally fine! My run course was: Lavista Rd to Tucker High, Charles Harris course, turn around at North Dekalb Mall and same way back. I actually enjoyed myself on this one! Go figure........ May be this running coach thing IS for me after all!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

You rock marathon queen!