Saturday, June 7, 2008

Just UGH!!!

Where do I start? This was the strangest trip, ever! After a pretty grueling day at work, Steven picked me up and after a stop at Starbucks, we headed out to Elberton, where Richard B Russell tri was held. After a 2 hr car ride, we finally arrived at the park for packet pick up. It was 104 degrees, according to a local. To save $, I rented a cabin for us to spend a night in..........what a mistake that was. First of all, our map quest instructions AND the navigation system took us on some unpaved gravel roads, and our destination point dropped us in the middle of the road with nothing on it! Then, after finally finding these cabins and I use the word loosely, the owner blew smoke of her cigarette straight in my face, while I was filling out some paperwork. It made me pretty sick. When we stepped in to the cabin, it was bare minimum-it was a hunting/fishing lodge! A small window AC unit was not doing jack! Decided to go to Walmart to pick up some sheets and other necessities. On the way, we saw a hotel, and Steven spared me and got a room for us. Unfortunately, we got a flat tire on one of those gravel roads and Steven is the king of tire changing in my book! It took him 7 minutes to change it! (we time everything in tri world!)

On the morning of the race, my stomach hurt so bad, that I considered dropping out, but decided to go through with it. The times were off, but I wound up placing 3rd overall!

Congratulations goes out to the Governor-Steven who placed 2nd in his age group and looked great doing it!
Also, congrats are in order to Sarah, a fellow Lunachick, who also placed in her age group!!!!!!

4 comments:

JoeVic said...

Well I am trying to lose weight.
Perhaps Turkish Apricots are the answer. ;)

Tat said...

negative

Tat said...

negative

Danielle said...

Congrats on a great race to both you and Spencer!