Sunday, June 22, 2008

DA WEEKEND

This past Friday, I rolled out of bed 25 min before I was supposed to be at work! Just could not get out of bed. I felt like I was hitting a brick wall physically and mentally! Just wanted to close the curtains and lay in a dark space. As soon as I made it home after work, I crashed in my scrubs and did not wake up until the next morning!

Unfortunately, on Saturday I had to work, so it made our riding time after 2PM, which felt great after we got started. The rain had disappeared and the sun was shining upon us! Steven, Dave and myself rode for 2hrs which included some serious intervals. I can totally see where this will help me in a long run. A short 1.5mile run followed which felt pretty good.

Onward to uncle Dave's for dinner and a movie. That guy can totally cook! The chicken was killer and I hope that gourmet chef Steven can recreate the recipe! I all ready crave it. After dinner we saw 'Bucket List". What a great, fulfilling movie. Of course, it made me cry....................

This morning we got up early, and headed over to RTM for our Sunday OWS. Again, the rain had stopped and the weather was beautiful. At first, of course I had a panic attack, but that subsided and I swam almost 2000 meters. Thank you, Steven and Dave for making me get out there and conquer my fear! I ain't mad at ya! Of course, on the way back, Steven told Dave and I a story that the reason why lake Allatoona is so cloudy is because it is a slow draining lake and all the bird poop settles on the bottom! UGH! I was swimming in bird poop. Isn't it toxic?

Later on, headed over to the new Bicycle Link for a beginners tri clinic my team Luna hosted. I wish I was exposed to something like that instead of winging it in the beginning. But, I guess we all learn in our own, different ways! The team pulled it together and the clinic went on with out a hitch!

I am looking forward to Iron Girl next weekend!

2 comments:

Stewart said...

Yup, what a great weekend. Glad nobody got sick from da cooking.:) It was awesome to hurt and relax with you two. Thanks to you guys for the coodos on the food.:) Let's keep it going!

You are going to rock Irongirls. I know some short cuts on the course by the way.:) Naw, seriously, you are going to surprise yourself.

Tat said...

thank you for the kind words!