Saturday, July 26, 2008

It's Alive!!!!

These past two weeks have been two weeks of hell! After Chattanooga, on Monday, I woke up with major chest pain, which made it hard for me to breathe. I sucked it up all week, taking various anti-inflammatories, etc. NOTHING HELPED! I only trained two days out of that whole week, which is so unlike me...Finally, last Friday I had enough and went to see a doctor, who was very concerned. He put me on a strong dose of steroids and painkillers and made me promise him if it did not get better on the morning, go to the emergency room. Well, it did not get any better, only worse, so after work on Saturday, I held my promise and went to the ER. That took forever! One of the blood tests (d-Dimer) came up positive, which meant there was a possibility of me having a blood clot. Of course, very heavily medicated, they send me up for a chest cat-scan, which was negative! Yeah! But, what is wrong with me? Nobody seemed to have any answers! They sent me home from the ER with stronger painkillers and with out a diagnosis. Yuck! So, this whole week, Prednisone/Percocet combo made me extremely moody, gave me hot-flashes and sleepless nights! I have been coming home from work and crashing, which also has been hard because there is only one way I can lay down. It has been a complete rollercoaster.... :(
For all of you that know me, it has been the hardest thing not to be active, may be it added to my bad mood. Sorry Steven!

Well, this weekend, i headed up to Mistletoe, not even sure if I was going to be able to race, but Olga and Steven were racing, so I brought my stuff (just in case), and was ready to be cheering squad. Do not know what made me decide to race, but I did and won my age group, and shaved off 6 min. off my time from last year!

After the race, I went up to Dr. Sadri from 1st choice healthcare, just to let him know that I am still among the living-his office has called my house a couple of times to check on me. He decided to stretch me out and said i may have a pinched/pulled diaphragm. After digging into my rib-cage and under the xyphoid process (which was awful!) I got off the table and was actually able to take a deep breath, not completely pain-free, but better. could it be??????

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad you are starting to feel better, Tat.

Based on your race performance, sounds like you might have been a little over-trained before the chest problem hit and the forced layoff turned out to be a sort of blessing in disguise (albeit a painful one!)