Sunday, July 6, 2008

And the training goes on.............................

My weekend of training, here goes:
On Friday I ran the Peachtree 10K, it was tough to treat it as a training run since it was a race, but I knew that my mom was behind me, yes she is strong and i would just die if she would of beat me! Also, Henry and Walter were both in my 1A group and i knew they were right there, as well as Steven! The first 3 miles were OK, very congested in the very beginning (will start in the front of the group next year). At the 4th mile, I decided to take a gel, and as I opened it up, it fell out of my hand :( No gel!!! Around mile 5, I saw Dave with his video cam, at this point it was a bit of a struggle, but I had to look happy on camera! Overall, the run went well-46:44 garmin time. Congratulations to my mom, the super-star, Keith, Jenny, Walter, Henry and Steven who all finished strong!
The run was followed by a 2000 yard swim, and I am proud to say, that I did not cheat on that workout. I wanted to, though! That evening we had a great dinner at Noche with a lecture from Steve Brown on IM!
Saturday, I had plans to go to the gaps, but the meteorologist called for 60% chance of rain! That was a crock.......never rained at all. next time, I am going. probably will get caught in a down pour! Spent 2hrs on a spin bike with a 40 min run afterwards.
This morning went to Red Top, for an open water swim. Swam close to 3000m and it felt pretty good. Dave and Steven did their own thing, they both looked strong out there.

The props of the week go out to mom, who got in a nasty lake and swam like a fish!

I am very proud of all my friends who are stepping it up big time this year! You guys are amazing and an inspiration to me. Keep up the great work.

2 comments:

Stewart said...

3 comments.:) Anyway, glad I could make it out to watch my peeps run. Great turnout! Proud of how you jumped in and goter done this morning!!!

I'm off to get my runner doner now. Got a second wind as soon as I stepped into the crib.

BreeWee said...

Nice 10k! Seriously, when the nutrition goes out the window (or in your case falls out of your hand) it is so mentally frustrating... you held it together!

Great job on a super weekend and putting it all together :)