Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Not a very smart thing to do...

Well, since I have been feeling a little better, i decided that Covington Century was a go! With my ribs taped up, bottles filled, nutrition packed, Steven and I headed to Covington. And rode painful, hot and NOT FLAT 100 miles. What made me think that being sick for three weeks would not impact my fitness level that much?!
At 75 mile mark, Steven and I stopped at one of the SAGs and I must have drank 5 cups of water there. Since Steven's back was cramping, I tried to talk him into catching transport back to the start, but being a great husband that he is (or not), he said that he would not even think of ruining my first century experience. @#$%!
Thankfully, there was a cycling team that offered for us to draft off them the entire last 25 miles! Thank God! My head has never been so far up some one's butt! We must have averaged 21-22 mph all the way back. Thank you guys, I would not have made it without your help!

The funniest thing was, as soon as I got off the bike, I felt like I could have ran quite a few miles. Steven says that I am sick! May be!

It was great to see my peeps out there: Dani, Keith, Joe, Sarah, Mark, Tony and my mom, who rode 50 miles! She is a beast!

On Sunday, we met up with Dave and Suobs at lake Allatoona for an easy 1500 swim for us and 100 miles for the great Suobs. Unfortunately, my face looks like a pizza today, i swear, that water is infected. Is it the bird poop again? It is great to get back into the swing of things!

2 comments:

Stewart said...

glad you are being smart and taking it one day at a time. that kinda attitude will pay off in terms of results and longevity(sp):)

Spanky

Danielle said...

What you lack in brains you make up for in beauty! :) Your such a crazy little tator tot!