Thursday, July 9, 2009

Peachtree Roadrace 2009

Once again, woke up at 3:30 to race. Am I ever going to sleep in? I think that would be a definite negative! We actually drove the car to the finish and took a train to the start, I highly recommend it. And they have fresh, never been used porter-pots at the midtown station! Score!
This year I wanted to start at the front of my time group and I did so. Of course, my nerves were going crazy for over an hour of standing and sitting around. I really did not have a specific goal in mind, I just wanted a solid run. I concentrated, did not pose for any pics :) and just did my thing. Couldn't keep up with Keith, and Katie and I got separated, so I ran by myself. 45:09/6.3miles-garmin. I PR'd!!!!! Who does that at Peachtree? I am happy with my time and ready to tackle Chattanooga this weekend!
Special shout out to Steven, who also PR'd, Keith, Henry, Katie, my mom, Steve Brown and the girls, and whoever else raced that day!

1 comment:

Kevin said...

Congrats on the PR!! It seamed like lots of folks PR'd this year at the PRR